Use It. Don't Lose It!
December is here! ‘Tis the season to check your Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HSA) and turn those remaining dollars into something new. You earned those benefits, so make plans to use them before they’re gone!
These pre-tax dollars usually expire on December 31, so if you don’t use them, you lose them. Check with your employer, though, as some offer a grace period that extends benefits through March 15. Note that the amount you can carry over is usually limited to $500.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you might find that your remaining 2020 FSA/HSA balance is larger than ever before. This is especially likely if the pandemic caused you to miss routine medical appointments throughout the year.
Visiting Allied Eye this month is a great way to make sure none of your benefits go to waste. Your FSA/HSA dollars can be used on eye exams you may have hesitated to schedule earlier in the year. They can also be used to purchase new glasses or contacts for you and your family members.
Even if you’re up-to-date on exams and corrective lenses, you can gift yourself by finally getting those prescription sunglasses you’ve been thinking about all year. Or find out how much easier it is on your eyes when you work or holiday shop online through blue light filtering lenses.
Call or text today and schedule an appointment with our optometrist, Dr. Kelly Herron. We are committed to ensuring your health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic by maintaining the following precautions:
- Requiring masks to be worn at all times in our facility
- Virtual check in by phone or text from the parking lot
- Heightening cleaning and disinfecting of exam rooms, chairs and all equipment between each patient
- Temperature checks of all staff and patients upon entry into the building
- COVID-19 health questionnaire daily for all staff and patients upon entry into the building
- Limiting waiting room seating to ensure 6 ft. between each patient
Call or Text our team of eye care professionals if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment! (423) 855-8522.